June 20, 2010

Stationary and pretty paper things

A few months back now I held a small dinner party at my new abode.  Not liking to do anything by halves, I set out to find materials to make menus, place mats, a centerpiece, place cards, etc etc.  I actually found this to be extremely difficult, finding spectacular stationary stores was a challenge, so I thought I'd share with you what I found to help make things a bit easier for you.

Believe it or not, but Lincraft have some amazing and modern products in their craft section. They have an array of scrapbooking paper, adhesives, patterned hole punches, stamps, feathers, etc, etc.

I don't know if I'm lucky or cursed to have a Card & Caboodle right next to my work, but this place is full of the most amazing cards (that I often use to make artworks), paper, embellishments, beautiful napkins and ribbons.  Definitely worth a visit.

Another gem for paper and stationary, with lots of accessories including tapes, glues, pens, as well as japanese paper and a great selection of delicate specialty papers.  Find these guys in Hawthorn.

An online store of happiness.  Go there.

Fantastic for candles, vases, votives, even cheap glasses and crockery if you need to pull together a matching set.  Try to go one evening during the weekend, because on the weekends this places turns into  a living nightmare, screaming children and slow walking couples with trolleys included.

Don't be afraid to shop online, you can find anything on here, and can get a lot of products in bulk saving a ton of money.  Just google the product you are looking for and compare costs.  See if you can source things from Australian sites before going overseas, just to speed up the shipping process (and costs).

The photo doesn't do it justice, but at least gives you an 
idea of what I came up with for a "snow" theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment