September 28, 2010

Caulfield Cup Inspirations

It's that joyous time of year when the sun shines a little warmer, the days are a bit longer, the trees are green again and the events scene hots up. The most exciting thing on my calendar at the moment is the Spring Racing Carnival, and with my apartment located minutes from the Caulfield Racecourse, it would seem a crime not to attend the Caulfield Cup.

I'll be having a pre-race event for my friends, just a small group who I will hopefully delight with breakfast goodies whilst there is last minute hair styling and lipstick application.

The colours of the Caulfield Cup logo are purple and gold so I will use these (as well of horse racing of course!) as my theme.

I'm thinking vases of lavender and hydrangeas finished with gold ribbon bows, paper lanterns, exquisite papers, white linen cloths, artificial turf, little horse accessories and a few more details that will make this small and low key event a little bit special.

On the menu we will have banana and choc chip muffins, mini vegetarian quiches, mini bacon and eggs pies, "horse poo" chocolate mud cupcakes, a fresh fruit platter and of course, champagne cocktails.

I will report back after the 16 October to show you how my ideas came to fruition!










        







{Click on the images to go to their source}

No comments:

Post a Comment